Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Recommended Reading: Unleash!



So before I say anything, go ahead and click that link and watch the book trailer.

Don't worry, I'll wait.

..........

Are ya back? 

Are you excited about this book yet? 

Cause I sure was! Sometimes, (ok, OFTEN), Christian books can be kinda, well, "churchy." And highfalutin. And "just have enough faith and everything will be perfect"- centered festivals of fairy-dust and rainbows.

This is NOT one of those books!

Pastor Perry Noble is REAL, honest, and shoots from the hip. He is just a flawed, normal, and exceptionally down-to-earth guy who wants to see people embrace the love of Jesus in their lives. Which is one of the many reasons that I am proud to call him my pastor. This book has challenged me, encouraged me, and made me want to be brave in the face of the call God has put on my life. This book has helped me to understand the love of God in new ways, and it has helped me learn to trust God more deeply, even when everything SUCKS. Cause life is going to suck sometimes. But our circumstances do not change the character of God. 

On tragedy: "David's response to tragedy is an example for all of us: he got up, punched the lion in the mouth, and took his sheep back! He refused to let tragedy identify him and instead chose to walk in the triumph God gave him." ~Unleash!

On trust: "Whenever I place her [my 5 year old daughter] in a situation where she has to take a step of faith and trust me, I want her to be confident thats she's jumping into the arms of a daddy who wants nothing but the best for her. Why in the world would we think anything less of our Heavenly Father?" ~Unleash!

On God's love: "God wants to hear us laugh. God is not after our begrudging submission. He is after our Joy." ~Unleash!

"His love is not based on our performance but rather on our position as His children." ~Unleash!

On obedience: "If people crucified Jesus for following God's plan for His life, then you and I can't expect obedience to be a day at a theme park." ~Unleash!

"Jesus said that if we are going to be His followers, we have to take up our cross, not our mattress." ~Unleash!

This book is a breath of fresh air, and if you're ready to take the leap into the incredible plans that God has for your life, READ IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment